St. Joseph Parish School opened in 1947 and since then has provided Catholic education for the children of the North Sacramento neighborhood and it's surrounding areas. The Religious Sisters of Mercy staffed the school for more than 40 years. Gradually, the sisters gave up the administration of the school paving the way for the lay administrators until 2005 when the last Sister of Mercy retired. Fortunately, part of the new set of administrators that came in included a member of the Religious of the Virgin Mary, hence St. Joseph Parish School has never been without a teaching sister. Currently, the school is blessed with three teaching sisters who along with its faculty and staff continue the St. Joseph tradition of excellence in education enriched by the integration of Catholic doctrine, values, and practices accross the curriculum.
St. Joseph School is located near downtown Sacramento and is accessible to the freeways. It serves primarily families from St. Joseph Parish and it's surrounding parishes. Sixty (60%) percent of the families are registered parishioners of St. Joseph Parish Church. The Student population is diverse and rich in culture.
"Inspire Christ-like values, achieve academic excellence, and foster social awareness."
Navy Blue and Gold